top of page
  • Marc Greenberg

Going to Trial? Get a Court Reporter

In Cook County, if your case goes to trial, you need to bring a court reporter and get a transcript of the trial. If you don’t’ have one, it is very difficult to appeal. We were recently confronted with a family law trial where there is no transcript and no record of what exhibits were submitted. An appeal involves an argument that the trial court made an error. How can you argue that there was an error when there was no record of what happened? It becomes almost impossible. Illinois Supreme Court Rule 321 provides: The record on appeal shall consist of the judgment appealed from, the notice of appeal, and the entire original common law record, unless....MORE

court reporter

32 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page